Saturday, April 28, 2007


Dreams of India full lenth
Well it's all done & delivered today in it's padded bag. This isn't a great photo but hopefully it gives an idea of the whole piece.
The photo below is a close-up view of the hanging rod.

Today also, another pleasant day at the Embroiderers' Guild. Our group, Innovative Stitches, had a workshop on Italian corded Trapunto quilting where we used photocopies of the designs on Beardman jugs from the Batavia shipwreck to create a linear design for a quilting sample. Most of us did hand stitching but I think I'll do a machine one too. Much quicker! Hopefully I'll eventually get these finished & post a photo.
The group is working towards an exhibition next year on the theme of WA's historical shipwrecks and we're each making a visual diary or journal with all the sample pieces we do from each meeting. As I was a late starter with the group I'll have to get moving on this soon.

Saw a couple of great exhibitions in the past week, the Year 12 Perspectives at the WA art Gallery & a textile exhibition on the theme of WA's native flora by Pam Annesley, Loralie Smit & Dianna Vincent.

6 comments:

Sue B said...

This is just stunning. I can only imagine how gorgeous it must be in person.

Sharon Manning said...

Hi Linda,
I am a new reader of your blog and I am coming out of hiding! I am in awe of this amazing piece of work, it is just beautiful and the incorpration of the rod is stunning. You must be very proud of such a work of art.
Cheers
Sharon

Doreen G said...

Well Linda what can I say--This is just so stunning --the colours and detail are superb and the rod just adds to it---Do you get the feeling that I like it--I hope so.

joanlil said...

This piece is wonderful.I am looking forward to seeing it "in the flesh". Thank goodness the WAQA deadline is later!!

Peggy said...

Great work, fantastic, wunderfull color.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Linda,

I found your wonderful blog via Fibre&Stitch website.

I ADORE this wall hanging. You have inspired me to try something with my own spin or twist to it.

I am a mixed media artist with a passion for fibers... I mostly paint on fabric using acrylics... then combining my painting with other elements.

I will be looking forward to your article in Fibre&Stitch

Sincerely,
Tracie Lyn