Friday, March 02, 2007

This week's bag
This was started last year but finally finished this week. I used the basic method from
Elli Woodsford's book 'Designer Machine embroidery & Textile Decoration' & my own style of fabric collage. I was pleased with the way it turned out although I would do the lining differently if I did another one.
I have done some needlefelting this week after my demo, which went well, but haven't finished the challenge (trapped) yet so will post that soon.
Some lovely cool weather & rain this week so took the opportunity to have a dyeing day in my studio. I dyed a chenille scarf I made last year in one of Joan's workshops. the technique worked well but the colour was yuk. It's much better now, should have photographed it, I will.
Also dyed a top, 2 pairs of capri pants and various bit & pieces. The pants came out great but my husband said the colour's uneven. Yes it's meant to be like that!
Sunday its our 84 group meeting & we have an outside tutor, Annie Rawle, who is a fantastically talented textile artist, especially in machine embroidery. She is teaching a wrap using the Mobius Strip, a weird mathematical form which has just 1 surface & 1 edge. Sounds interesting.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

This is a great bag! Love all the blue strips.

StegArt said...

Awesome bag. Love the colors you've used.

sjandik said...

Great purse-my colors. I have the book and need to check it out again after seeing yours.
I've made 3 knit scarves that are the Moebius kind-lots of fun.
Also, I've taken from Elze Aviks-great lady. You'll love it. Sandy in La Center

Doreen G said...

Great bag Linda and I love the fabric

Waltraud said...

Hi, I´ve just discovered your blog, your bags and the other things are beautiful,
many greetings from Germany
Waltraud