Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Emerald
Here is my needlefelt challenge piece for this week. Again I've used a background of commercial felt. I've used strips of various fabrics overlaid & woven with some angelina fibres underneath. The strips are needlefelted down leaving gaps so wool could be threaded through. And in some areas beads & sequins are trapped, probubly a bit hard to see in the photo. I found it interesting to embellish from the back, just in some areas, to bring lines of the backing felt colour through to the front. The nobbly bits are wool nops. I wanted to use some glittery fabrics & fibres to bring a sparkly emerald look to it. Don't know if that's been acheived, but I enjoyed doing it & it's all a learning process. I haven't hand stitched this one but may add some later.

7 comments:

Sue B said...

Lovely - It's definitely sparkling!

Doreen G said...

Linda this is beatiful you are just getting better all the time.I love what you are doing

downunderdale said...

another yummy piece, Linda
cheers
Dale

ellen in VA said...

Linda,

So rich in texture. I'm inspired.

feltedfibers said...

great peices, nice to 'meet you'

joanlil said...

Love this one too. Makes my efforts look so ordinary.

Karin said...

Oh, this looks wonderful.