Monday, November 06, 2006

84 Group Challenge

I made the bag below for our embroidery group challenge. We each made A3 pieces of fabric which were then cut up so that each person would have some of everyone's fabric.
The challenge was then to use all of the different fabrics to make something. It was quite difficult to get the various colours & textures to go together. I divided my fabrics into 2 groups, blues & golds, & used the blues on the front of the bag & the golds on the back, with a background fabric & lots of machine embroidery to integrate the design.
I was reasonably happy with it but would do it differently if I had to do it again as it was a lot of work for the result.
On Sunday at the group our workshop was to make a woven bag using a cardboard rectangle as a loom. Another time consuming project but its looking OK so far.

No comments: