Friday, August 11, 2006

August 11th
The above photo is some of the sample pieces from the Carol Wilkes Masterclass. They are done with PVA glue, tissue paper and various bits & pieces. Then painted and the texture brought out with metallic wax. They were fun to do but I don't think I'll use the technique for my finished work. I think it will be a wall hanging although I was considering a vessel too.

Yesterday I went to a great textile exhibition at the Old Bakery on 8th Gallery by Elizabeth Morley, called Unveiling. She had a few artworks using the the above technique, on a much grander scale of course. I loved her small scale pieces, some prayer sticks wraped in vegetable peelings and a series of delicate lacey embroideries each in a tiny glaas jar. Also some great wraps & wall hangings.

No comments: